Breathe, Stretch and Connect with your Baby with Yoga
Our Mum and Baby Yoga classes offer you a supportive, relaxed space to nourish your mind and body postnatally through Yoga, while you have fun with your baby, and meet other new mums too!
Focus is on mammas in this class, enjoying the opportunity to stretch and strengthen postnatally and increase energy and fitness levels. We flow from Mamma Yoga to Baby Yoga for babies, with songs and rhymes and fun interaction for babies right up to 12 months.
The class ends with a lying down guided meditation. Deep relaxation allows your body to release tensions and tiredness, the mind to clear and the emotions to balance.
The classes are fun, informal and baby led. Mums will stop to feed or soothe their babies and will then rejoin. Tea in the cafe after class makes this class a great way to socialise and meet new friends while on maternity leave.
As a mum, Elaine knows the first few weeks and months of motherhood can be physically, mentally and emotionally challenging. Yoga can help bring a deep sense of mind and body wellbeing, and the chance to relax with your baby, and new mamma friends.
I have really enjoyed all the classes I have done with Elaine (pregnancy yoga, baby massage , baby yoga), but I must mention the Mum and Baby Yoga classes as the highlight of my week a busy mum of a toddler and baby.
I found this class was the one hour in the week where I could have some one on one time with my baby, and I left the class each week feeling totally relaxed and energised.
You don’t realised how much tiredness and tension you are holding on to until you let it go during the class.
Thanks so much. Jennifer and Ryan
Benefits for Mums
- Realigning the spine and pelvis after pregnancy
- Improve fitness, Rebuilding core and back strength, tones pelvic floor
- Taking time out for yourself to nourish and restore energy
- Helps release tension, stress and post natal anxiety
- Relaxation and wellbeing throughout entire maternity leave
- Enjoy socialising with your baby and join an online group to stay in touch afterwards
Benefits for babies
- Strengthens and aids development
- Enhances playful interaction and communication
- Sensory awareness and language through holds, stretching, singing and rhymes, game playing and relaxation
- Baby bonding
- It’s fun!
When can I start?
Suitable from 12 weeks to 12 months
- BOOK FOR JANUARY Thursday 9th January 10.30am – 11.30am, Iona Centre, Knocklyon (Current course fully booked)
- Tuesday 12th Nov. 11am – 12pm Askea Parish Community Centre *4 week course €60.00 ( €55.00 repeat classes)
What to Bring
- A Yoga Mat
- Blanket / toy for Baby
- Wear comfortable clothing to stretch and relax in
- Baby led – bring what you need to feed, nappy change etc.
- 6 week course €85.00 | Save €10.00 after Baby Massage and Repeat courses €75.00
- Drop in Option €18.00
BABY YOGA BOOKING DEPOSIT €20.00
BABY YOGA 6 WEEK MASSAGE SPECIAL €75.00
THE BABY BUNDLE – 5 WEEK BABY MASSAGE & BABY YOGA 6 WEEK €175.00 ( Claim from maternity health)