Learn how to Soothe, Bond and Comfort your Newborn
Enjoy one-to-one time with your new baby while you have fun learning baby massage and join a community of new mums and babies.
This is the perfect first class to attend with your little one! There’s no need to be nervous, as mum of three, Elaine, makes the class friendly and baby-led which means you can breastfeed, bottlefeed, change nappies etc and soothe your baby as you need. Classes always finish with a supportive postpartum chat over a cuppa!
Find your Tribe
Motherhood is so wonderful but often can be a huge period of change in a woman’s life and sometimes isolating. Elaine’s Baby Massage class is a safe relaxed space in which you will be nurtured during this postnatal recovery time through breathing and relaxation practices, and meet a community of new mothers experiencing the same physical and emotional challenges motherhood brings.
“Baby massage class is fantastic for bonding not just with your baby but also with other mammas that are going through the same journey with you. It is fabulous to take that one hour to just disconnect from the mad reality if life and reconnect with baby and share solidarity with fellow mams from everything that comes with adjusting to life with a newborn.
Elaine creates such a relaxed calm and most important safe space that it quickly becomes the highlight of the week.
And to simply know that you are not alone in this crazy journey is just the best. And the babies just love the massage too 😊” SarahJane and Zara
Our classes are run over 5 weeks so you can get to know other new mums in your area. Plus join our Private members group so you can arrange coffee mornings and play dates and stay in touch with mums you’ve met after the course has finished!
Private Baby Massage Lessons
Elaine also offers Private Baby Massage Lessons in the comfort of your own home. You might not feel ready to join a group environment, or are healing postnatally, and having Elaine come to help support you through Baby Massage in your own relaxed environment can be a wonderful experience physically and emotionally for both mum and baby. It’s a lovely way of involving Dads, Partners or other family members also. Private 121 Baby Massage classes are around 90mins and baby led.
Create Your Own
Or if a few of your friends have just had new babies, You can arrange private sessions for you all to create your own group.
- Baby bonding and wellbeing for both mum and baby
- Tummy routine- Colic, Reflux, Constipation and Wind
- Have fun with new songs and rhymes during massage
- Relaxation for mum&baby
- New mum support
- Reduces Postnatal Depression and new mother anxiety
- Meet fab new friends and share tips over a cuppa!
- Join a private members group of local mums from class to stay intouch after the course has ended
- As most mammas follow into our Mum & Baby Yoga after Massage enjoy €10.00 off!
- As we are fully certified by Baby Massage Ireland, BMI, avail of your Maternity Health Cover for our Baby Massage classes ( eg. Laya, Irish Life..please check your policy )
“As a first time Mammy I found the first few weeks after my husband returned to work daunting and difficult but Elaine’s baby massage course definitely made the transition to motherhood that little bit easier for both myself and my son. The massage tips were great and the chats with the other Mammy’s were invaluable. Having also done the pregnancy yoga with Elaine I knew the calm and supportive environment she creates in her groups and the baby massage was just the same – a space for mothers to bond with their babies, to connect with other mothers and also to re-connect with themselves after the birth experience. I already can’t wait for Mammy & baby yoga!” Mairéad and Peadar
When Can I Start?
Classes are suitable for babies from 2 weeks – 12 months
NEW Thursday 9th January 1pm – 2pm Iona Centre FULLY BOOKED
NEW Thursday 23rd January 11.45- 12.45pm Iona Centre FULLY BOOKED
NEW Thursday 13th February 1pm – 2pm Iona Centre
NEW Thursday 27th February 11.45- 12.45pm Iona Centre
NEW Thursday 19th March 1pm – 2pm Iona Centre
Where are Classes held? Join a group class or Private lesson at home
- Iona Centre, behind Supervalu Knocklyon
- Askea Parish Community Centre, Carlow Town
- PRIVATE One to One with your baby in your own Home option if you’re not ready to leave the house yet, or your baby has individual needs that you would like to learn massage techniques to soothe such as colic, reflux, wind, tension etc.
What to bring:
- Baby blanket
- Comfortable clothing (as we massage on the floor)
- Class is baby led – bring what you need to feed, change etc..
- 5 week course €125.00* ( any missed classes can be made up in another course)
Price includes Baby Massage Manual, Organic Massage Oil and refreshments, plus €10.00 OFF Mum&Baby Yoga course
*As we are certified by Baby Massage Ireland, did you know you can CLAIM BACK up to 100% with most Health Insurance policies? We will issue a receipt when you pay in full.